The Department of Mathematical Sciences and Center for Applied Mathematics
and Statistics at the New Jersey Institute of Technology will
purchase an eight node (sixteen processor) Alpha Beowolf cluster which
will be dedicated to the support of research in the mathematical sciences.
The equipment will be used for several projects, including in particular:
1. What lessons from small neuronal networks apply to larger ones?
Victoria Booth, Amithaba Bose, and Farzan Nadim.
2. Numerical solutions of mixed functional differential equations
3. Time-dependent oxygen transport from microvascular networks
4. Pattern formation in thin liquid film flows
5. Full numerical simulation of microwave-enhanced chemical vapor
|Effective start/end date||9/1/01 → 8/31/02|
- National Science Foundation: $45,647.00