The Collaborative Project Management concept has been evolving over the past few decades as researchers and practitioners alike strive to reap the benefits from opportunities and overcome the challenges. In this short paper we highlight some of the forces that are leading, confronting and challenging distributed project management and outsourcing. Next we present a review of distributed project management and outsourcing challenges and opportunities that have been identified by researchers. Finally we present a brief introduction to the three papers in this special issue.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Computer Science Applications
- Computer Networks and Communications
- challenges and opportunities
- collaborative project management
- distributed project management