We derive new mixed-integer quadratic, quadratically constrained, and second-order cone programming models of distribution system reconfiguration, which are to date the first formulations of the ac problem that have convex, continuous relaxations. Each model can be reliably and efficiently solved to optimality using standard commercial software. In the course of deriving each model, we obtain original quadratically constrained and second-order cone approximations to power flow in radial networks.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Distribution system reconfiguration
- load balancing
- mixed-integer quadratic programming
- second-order cone programming