In this letter, a novel low-complexity optimal channel estimator using uncorrelated periodic complementary sets of binary sequences is proposed for multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) intersymbol interference (ISI) channels. The estimator is optimal since it attains the minimum possible Cramér-Rao lower bound (CRLB). Moreover, it can be implemented with very low complexity via ASIC/FPGA, which makes it suitable and ready for practical MIMO systems.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Signal Processing
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Channel estimation
- Frequency-selective channel
- Intersymbol interference (ISI)
- Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO)
- Uncorrelated complementary sets.