In this paper we have investigated the long-term reliability of TiN/HfSixOy/TiN Metal-Insulator-Metal (MIM) capacitors by using constant voltage stress (CVS) and constant current stress (CCS). No significant increase in leakage current was observed as a function of stress time. On the other hand, stress induced capacitance changes were observed due to change in quadratic and liner coefficients of permittivity nonlinearities. Stress-induced oxygen vacancy related defect formation believed to be the cause of this shift in permittivity.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering